Monday, June 21, 2010

Favorite Artists: Geof Darrow


Haven't updated in a few days, so sorry about that. Next up on my list is the incredible Geof Darrow. He is most well known for his great work on Frank Miller's "Hard Boiled" and his concepts for The Matrix trilogy. Darrow's level of detail and technicality astounds me. I have no idea how he does it! Looking at the image to the left, working with that much detail would confuse me! I'd probably mess up somewhere and have lines intersecting where they shouldn't be, items out of perspective...etc. Either that, or I would just run out of patience.

Now, some would complain that Geof Darrow's work is too detailed, with no good spot to rest your eye on. That can definitely be the case sometimes, but Darrow's work, like a Where's Waldo picture, is incredibly fun to look at and take in every last minute detail.




He also collaborated with Moebius on a portfolio of prints entitled "City of Fire" or "La Cite Feu", where Darrow did the layouts and pencils, while Moebius rendered the whole picture in his style. The prints were really large, and I would love to see them all. I included one of them at the bottom of this post.















1st image from:
http://grantbridgestreet.blogspot.com/2009/04/yay.html
2nd Image from Gil Chaya at Comicartfans.

No comments:

Post a Comment